The Components for Military and Space Electronics (CMSE) is designed to emphasize making the best choice components, whether EEE parts or assemblies or embedded components using military standards or COTS, for military and space applications. The Conference recognizes that the same performance capability and quality/reliability level does not fit all project needs for cost, performance, and schedule.
Organized by engineers for engineers and engineering management, this is the premier conference for military and space electronics issues. This Conference specializes in the selection, application, reliability, testing and failure analysis of all types of mil spec and COTS electronic components, subsystems and circuit boards while also emphasizing new technology, processes and design practices. Emphasis will be placed on practical solutions, new techniques and how to assess the risks of COTS verses mil spec components and make cost effective decisions which meet the mission requirements. Papers reporting on actual experience, knowledge and data gained from the use of available components and COTS in military and space systems are emphasized.
Experts from throughout the world are requested to submit an abstract for a presentation on the conference topics. Papers reporting on actual experience, knowledge and data gained from the use of commercial components and COTS in military and space systems are solicited. Specific subjects to be discussed include:
- Application practices for both COTS and mil spec components
- Mil spec designs vs COTS systems
- Achieving mission reliability with cost effective approaches
- Meeting harsh environments through ruggedizing practices
- Reliability assessment and testing
- Case studies of COTS usage in military & space systems
- Failure analysis practices and results
- Latest components technology
- The practices and risks of upscreening & uprating
- Mitigating the impact of obsolescence and Pb free whiskers
- Approaches for updating older military systems
- Cost analysis of using COTS components when military qualified components are available